Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My version of steampunk

Happy Hump Day......Today I went "out of my comfort zone" with this weeks Stampotique challenge.  This week Kathi has challenged us to do Steam Punk, and this is what she had to say:



"Steampunk is an inspired movement of creativity and imagination. With a backdrop of either Victorian England or America’s Wild West at hand, modern technologies are re-imagined and realized as elaborate works of art, fashion, and mechanics. If Jules Verne or H.G. Wells were writing their science fiction today, it would be considered “steampunk.”"

My challenge to you is to create a Steampunk project using your stamps and your imagination!

If you follow my blog, you know I am more of a "cutesy" person. I like to create cute things, with an occasional dark project. So when I had to do steam punk, I had no idea what I was going to do.  Good thing I have Mary and Peggy, who suggested that I go to Bearly Mine and use their steam punk digital paper, and that is exactly what I did.  That is about all the steam punk I have in me...LOL..Well, I am off to work. I hope you have a great day! Don't forget to stop by Stampotique Designers challenge and join us this week. 


                                                                       Stamps
                                                                I love my new Dress
                                                                Freakin People Person

9 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

A great "save," Kristen, with a wonderful outcome! Background is perfect, as is "I Love My New Dress," for this steampunk challenge this week. You are still my favorite "colorist," giving life to stamps in such a beautiful way!

Claudine said...

That background is awesome, loving every bit of this.

Michelle Quinno said...

You did an amazing job with Steam Punk!!

Unknown said...

Love this card, great colors you used!

Sam & Poppy said...

Brilliant Kristen :)

Sue said...

This is fabulous Kristen, New Dress looks great in her steampunked background xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card, loving her dress and your textured background is soooo COOL :))

Kaz said...

It's gorgeous Kristen, xx

Kathi said...

Stepping out of one's comfort zone is usually a good thing. It certainly is here as your project is fabulous. I love your background and I also love the color palette. Of course I love that sentiment and the image!

I hope this gives you courage to step out more often!